Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We have a diagnosis...

it wasn't a spider or anything like that after all. I have Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA, often pronounced "mersa") also known as the "superbug". My sister who's a nurse explained it to me as a strain of Staph infection that is immune to any antibiotic that has a penicillin base. I had a follow up appointment today and the doctor told me that it was a very good thing that I went to the ER when I did. He said that if I had waited even another day, I probably would have been admitted to the hospital. He said that I am taking the right meds and need bi-daily follow up for about a week. They drained the wound and it feels and looks much better now.

Things are still pretty much the same at my house this week (other then the infection). We are just plugging along. I can't wait to post pictures of Ava in her Halloween costume. She is going to be a bumble bee this year. She will be so cute! Hope all is well for everyone. Loves....

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Ow! Sounds painful! Glad you figured out what it was though. That always helps! Get well soon!

My Three Sons said...

I'm so glad they found that out so quickly. MRSA is very dangerous. Thank goodnes!!

Hope everything else goes well for you.

I'm going to take Carson to the hospital in his costume. He is going to be a surgeon for Halloween. I put the costume on him last night and he is so dang cute. So I thought that would be fitting since he is in the hospital already.

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I am glad that you found out what it is and that you were able to catch it fast enough that you didn't end up in the hospital. I hope that you guys have a safe and happy halloween.

Kaden is dressing up as Mickey Mouse...a very cute one may I add : ).

4 Week Slimdown said...

Oh I hope you get better soon :(
atleast there wasn't some creepy bug on your face