Saturday, October 11, 2008

Frustration.....

Ok this post is out of pure frustration... I'm going to talk about somethings that I have never posted before. I'll start with back on May 27th, a day that we will NEVER forget. We went to SLC for Kyle's grandpa's funeral. I actually rode up with Kyle in the company truck because he was going to go to work for a while after the funeral and I was just going to go over and see my dad. Well our day went from funeral, to worse. My dad came and picked me up from the shop and I was going to his house to borrow one of his cars so we could take that to the funeral instead of the company truck. On my way to my dad's house, my mom who had Ava, called and told me that I needed to call the sitter to see if she could take Ava because her little brother, my uncle had passed away that morning. I called the sitter and she graciously took Ava. As soon as I got of the phone with the sitter, Kyle called to tell me that he had just gotten layed off. Could this day get any worse!!!! The part about him getting layed off really upset us for more then one reason. He had talked with his boss the day before about this "meeting" and he reassured Kyle that the meeting didn't affect him in any way shape or form. He could have just been honest with Kyle and told him that layoffs were possible so I could have followed him in my car so we had a ride home. I'm glad that my dad has more then one car/truck so we could use one of his to get home.

Ok, now to why I'm frustrated today and it has to do with Kyle's old job. When I added Kyle to my medical insurance back in August, I got a letter in the mail that they had "deemed" that Kyle's insurance was Ava's primary insurer and my was secondary... me totally confused calls the insurance company because he doesn't even have this insurance anyone. She tells me that insurance law states that since Kyle's birthday is in March and mine is in April his comes first therefore his would be the primary on Ava. Ok... I'm still trying to understand this... so we call his OLD insurance company and they tell us NO, they've paid as the secondary on the old claims for Ava and they tell me that they are the secondary... so I call my insurance company back AGAIN and the rude... I mean very nice lady on the phone gives me the exact same story so I ask her if she can call the other insurance company so we can get this settled. Guess what she tells me??? She can't make any outgoing calls that I am going to need to take care of this problem myself. I tell her that how can we resolve an issue like this if we can't talk to the other company, she now puts me on hold. So I'm now on hold for 48 minutes waiting for someone to get back with me. A supervisor at least he claimed to be a supervisor gets on the phone with me and tells me that he'll call the other insurance company. About 4 hours later I get a call stating that the problem has been resolved. Kyle's insurance company had his birth date wrong on their system and they've acknowledged the mistake.....

Now here's where it gets fun. I get a call yesterday morning from good ole Bonneville Collections. If you're from Utah, you know who I'm talking about! A very very ignorant bitch -- sorry, that's the nicest word I can call her right now... calls and demands that I give her $100.00 today. I am really at a disbelief right now because I honestly have no idea what she's talking about. After I get her to quit talking for a minute, I ask her what in the world she's calling about. She tells me, you already know why I'm calling and me eating a cracker which is now lodged in the back of my throat tells her again, I really don't know. Well she finally tells me that I owe them like $1800.00 in medical bills which, I've never paid. I proceed to tell her that is just not possible, I am insured and she must be calling the wrong person. Again, she starts basically calling me a low life and telling me that I'm just trying to get out of my financial obligation. I now have a complete come apart and told her not to call my f-ing house again and make demands. She then tells me that I can't talk to her like that. I then proceeded to tell her that if she'd call and use some "customer service" instead of a demanding attitude, I might be more willing to listed to what she has to say! She again started to yell at me so I just hung up at that point. Ok... they called my house 36 times yesterday.... and I am NOT over exaggerating about that!

So I go to my mail and what do I find... a hole bunch of bills demanding payment in full right now! I call Kyle's insurance company and they tell me that they paid on the claims as the secondary therefore, they're not responsible for any additional payment since its been more then 45 days since the services were rendered. I am getting bills that go back to 2006 that I thought were paid long ago. My insurance company is now demanding a "refund" from any medical payment they paid out on Ava since April 2006. That means that there's still more bills to come that I don't even know about yet!

I'm really ready to just throw in the towel today! Kyle had an interview at one of the local Coal Mines last Monday and said it was one of the best interviews he'd ever had. They told him that they would let him know yesterday either way about the job. We never heard from them so we're just assuming that he didn't get the job. It's more frustrating for Kyle then anyone else. He's sent out over 100 resumes and not one offer... he keeps getting told that he has "too" much experience and they can't pay him for that experience. Even though he knows how much the jobs pay when he has applied. For now, he'll just keep on looking and hope for the best. No wonders I can't loose any weight.. my stress level on 1-10 scale is at a 15 right now and I'm only averaging like 4 hours or sleep a night. However, things could be a lot worse though. We could be loosing our home like a lot of other people, or we could be without any medical insurance at all.... and we're all healthy and happy! and come tomorrow, I'll probably feel like an idiot for even posting this and delete it!

On a lighter note..... my sister is coming down to watch the SNL presidential "spoof" from Thursday night with me. We've decided that every time the actor that plays Senator McCain says "my friends", we're going to take a shot of crown and make a fun drinking game out of it! LOL we probably won't do that because it's only like 2:00 in the afternoon but it still sounds like fun. Maybe we should wait and watch it tonight instead!!!!

7 comments:

My Three Sons said...

I'm thinking the only way your going to get some help is to start with the hospital or who ever turned you into collections. I had a bill that was lingering when Carson was born and for some reason mine nor Charlie's insurance would pay for it. I thought it was taken care of and after I moved, about a year later I got a letter from a collection agency for $2800.00. I contacted the hospital and asked for an explaination and she called the collection agency and put a hold on the account until she could look into it. So I know it can be done and don't stop until you are satisfied with that. Hopefully that will buy you a little time to at least catch your breath and figure it out.

I'll put a prayer in for Klye to get a great job.

Talk to you soon,

Kaci

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

That is crazy. It is so hard to keep your cool when you have to deal with inconsiderate people. Don't feel bad for posting, I don't blame you for being frustrated. I got something from collections saying I didn't pay a bill (that honestly I think I paid twice for). The "second" payment I ended up getting a receipt sent to me from the hospital. About a month later I get that stupid letter from collections. I called the agency and they said they would contact the hospital and fix it. I too, called the hospital and the lady says "no you don't owe anything, I show you have paid." I was frustrated with just that, I couldn't imagine all that you are going through. I do know how "helpful" insurance agencies can be now dealing with them twice on big payments. They have no problem taking our monthly payments for insurance, but when it comes time to pay for our bills...the trouble sets in. Good luck with everything, and I will keep you guys in my prayers. Something great will come along!!!

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Wow! That is really frusterating! I really hate dealing with insurance companies, it's all so confusing to me!

4 Week Slimdown said...

Oh my gosh I am so sorry,, I hope things get fixed soon. And if you want tell david to give you 3 weeks off and then you will get scheduled again. Dont waste those sessions when you are so stressed

The Rice Family said...

I am so sorry to hear about your financial situation. Have you heard about Dave Ramsey? He has some awesome suggestions for getting out of debt. My husband and I followed his program and have been debt free except for our mortgage for a couple of years now. My husband and I are teaching a financial peace class right now in our church and helping people try to understand and improve their financial lives. Know that you are not alone and if you would like to e-mail us we will help anyway we can or you can go to daveramsey.com. ps.... don't let the creditors rule you. You rule them. If you need me to explaing this further feel free to e-mail me. jamandi@classicnet.net

My Three Sons said...

Okay, so what is the latest? Have you had time to contact anyone yet? Just checking in to see if there have been any improvements on the creditors.

My Three Sons said...

Well this ought to be good LOL. My e-mail is Studio213_kd@sbcglobal.net.

KC