Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Shopping

So I went shopping with my sister today to see if we could find any good deals. We did not succeed. First of all, we took our kids with us BIG MISTAKE!!!!! Ava was the instigator today, not Kyden and she was a full on stinker. She'll either stay home or Kyden will stay home next time. It seems like we can take one of them and they're perfect little angels but when you take both, it's a recipe for disaster.

We started at Old Navy and from there, made our way over to the mall. Once we got to the mall, there was a great big sign in Victoria Secret that said SALE.... so of course we needed to browse. We both found us a really cute pair of PINK sweats that we both wanted. We tried to order them online but they were out of stock so we were both like SWEET, they have our size. In the mean time, I had to take Ava and Kyden out of the store to spare the other shoppers with their behavior. So I'm sitting out on a bench waiting for my sister to come out with our cute pants and I've finally got the girls calmed down when the cleaning lady who doesn't speak very much English comes over to our bench to clean. We were sitting by some semi dead poinsettia's and the girls were playing with the leaves that had fallen on the ground. The lady looks at me and comes uncorked that that girls "picked" the leaves. She was seriously freaking out and then started pointing at Ava telling her bad girl, bad... I then come completely uncorked as they hadn't picked anything. I won't tell you exactly what I told her but I wasn't very nice and I speak just enough Spanish that she knew exactly what I said. I'm not that type of a parent that lets my child pick flower or plant leaves in a mall or for that matter anywhere to keep them entertained. She could have asked me before she yelled and pointed at my child. I'm really surprised that I didn't get kicked out of the mall today! So then out comes my sister with NO pants... I'm floored! I ask her why? Well she gets told that they don't have the same sales in stores that they do online so if we were to buy them in the store, they would be $40 instead of $18 if we ordered them online. SPARE ME!!!! No wonders stores are going out of business when they can't even compete with their own online stores!

We now venture over to The Buckle and I decided that I was finally going to suck it up and buy me new pants since I haven't bought a new pair in over a year. I was going to wait until I lost a little more weight but I really needed some now. They'll just be a little looser here in a month! We go in and I get the BKE Wendi Jeans and pay for them. Well when we get to the car, I realize that I bought the wrong size. I bought the extra long length instead of the regular length. I'm really not that tall and the extra long ones were probably the length of my entire body. At this point, my sister and I are going to the Provo Mall to meet my dad who took my nephew to his house to stay for a few days. I just figured I change the pants at the other store.... FIRST NOTE TO SELF don't ever try on the Jean's the sales lady thinks you will like better ever ever ever again. I now do not like the BKE Wendi's as much as the Big Star Maddie's and well... there's $30 difference in price between the two and yes, the Big Star's were more but I LOVE THEM!!!!! SECOND NOTE TO SELF don't tell husband how much you paid for them or he will choke you! THIRD NOTE TO SELF remember just how cute they look before you think about the price! FORTH NOTE TO SELF never take children shopping with you again! As of this point, Ava will not have any siblings. I might change my mind tomorrow but right now I'm pretty set on Ava being an only child.

So tomorrow is New Year's Eve. My grandma is taking Ava for the night so we can go out and do something. We are going up to my really good friend Shanan's house for dinner then most likely the local pub. We have a good time there. So I'll post some picture of our little get together on Thursday. Does anyone have any fun plans this year????

Well that pretty much sums up my day and our New Year's plans. I'm ready for a big glass of wine or might just skip the wine and dive right into the Crown tonight. I've got this week off of work so if I want, I can go on a week long party. I probably won't but it sounds fun.... Loves

1 comment:

My Three Sons said...

Well if you could drink several for me I'd sure appreciate it.

I will be at home with Carson ringing in the new year. I asked Charlie if he would sit down here so I could go to my friend Mitch's house like I have done several years in a row. He has a party every year and it is usually fun. But Charlie laughed so I guess I'm not entitled to a night out at all. Oh well.

As for the mall, I will take note of all of your mental notes for next time.

Are you sure your not fibbing a little? There is no way your angel could ever act that bad in a mall. LOL I'm sure she is still adorable as heck even if she is picking leaves off of flowers. :-)

Hope you and Kyle end up having a great New Year and wishing you for a wonderful 2009!