Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Princess Ava....

Three years ago today I was laying on the couch looking at my toes wondering if the "vienna sausage" toes would ever go away. The week prior, I was diagnosed with Toxemia so my feet were pretty swelled. Little did I know that night while looking at my toes that in less then 24 hours my life would change forever! I woke up the next morning thinking to myself just how good I felt that day and got ready for my doctor's appointment. When I got into the exam room, the nurse took my blood pressure twice and then immediately left the room. She came back with my ob/gyn and my family doctor who both also took my blood pressure. I laughed at them that it was wrong because I felt great. Within several minutes, I was on the table getting a stress test. However, I was apparently already having some contractions. The nurse kept asking me if I could feel any contractions and I couldn't feel anything (lucky me I guess). They then took me in for an ultrasound and once it was over, decided they weren't going to wait until my due date which was December 23rd, they were going to induce labor that day. The doctor told me to call Kyle to let him know. However, he didn't think she'd come before 2:00am the next day so I figured I'd tell him that he didn't need to hurry since he hates hospitals. I told him to just finish what he was doing at work, go home and grab the bag and just be there by 5:00pm so he would know what it was like for me to be in labor but he was there long before 5:00pm. The next thing was the epidural which I was so excited for however, within 30 minutes of the epidural, I went in for an emergency c-section. They think that I was allergic to something that was in the epidural. All I can remember from the delivery room was her little cry and the doctor that said look at those cheeks and look at that hair. I only vaguely remember seeing Ava.

Ava was born on December 5, 2005 at 5:38pm she weighed 6 pounds, 2 ounces and was 19 inches long. She didn't need any medical attention and was a healthy baby. Ava had very unique hair, it was platinum blond and she had TONS of it. During my hospital stay, I had tons of hospital staff that just "came" to my room to see this baby with hair they'd never seen on a newborn before. I graciously welcomed the company to show off my new little bundle of joy, for the most part.

Happy Birthday Ava Diane... you're mommy's sunshine and daddy's princess. We love you!!




6 comments:

Liz and Shane said...

thanks for the post.
Ava is beautiful. Her hair at birth is amazing!
I had a Csection too after 20 hours of labor and 6 hours of pushing. I can't believe I got up after two hours of surgery and had the nurse take me in a wheelchair to see Nayeli in NICU.

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Ava! You are almost as pretty as your mommy. Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Pam said...

Awwww....Happy Birthday AVA!!! I hope you have a wonderful day, and get spoiled rotten!!

You are so beautiful.

Aimee, that hair is AMAZING!!

((HUGS)) I hope you guys have a great day.

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful Ava!!! The first thing I thought as well when I first saw her newborn picture was "look at all that blond hair." I have never seen a baby with that much, that blond of hair. Typically you see blondies with minimal hair. She is such a precious little doll.
I hope you had a great day!!!

My Three Sons said...

I cannot believe I missed my daughter in laws b-day. Happy belated birthday Ava. I hope you had a great day!

She is like my Cody.....his b-day is Dec 26th. I always try to have a 1/2 birthday for him in June so he isn't robbed. LOL

Anyways, we are finally feeling better and I got your message. I'm going to check on that package because I someone told me at work it was returned. Meaning wrong addy???? I will let you know and resend it if that is the case. I sent it from the hospital. They have a mailbox there. I cannot figure it out.

4 Week Slimdown said...

Oh my gosh how cute are those baby pics! I have NEVER seen a baby born with blonde hair like that! So dang cute! Hope you are doing well~