Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy December..

Happy December!!! Yes, it's in fact December already. We had a pretty good holiday weekend. Went to my grandma's house for Thanksgiving dinner and it was a disaster LOL.... It didn't matter what grandma touched, it went to crap. It was so funny and at least we can laugh about it. It started with she used the wrong yeast for the rolls, then she almost burned down the house... yes, the turkey started on fire in the oven (it was salvageable). It just went downhill from there but we did have a good dinner though.

The day after, I went with my sister and her husband on our annual "Black Friday" shopping extravaganza. We always go to American Fork because Walmart, Target and Kohl's are in the same shopping area. We started at Walmart at 3:45 am and there were 3xs as many people there this year as there was in past years. We found what we needed and each of us waited patiently by our items for 5:00am. By about 4:50am, people went completely NUTS and started grabbing their items, some out of other peoples carts! We looked down towards the toys and could see them flying up in the air and people trying to grab them so I grab my two items went to the front of the store and was checked out in record breaking time, 4:54am. I checked out before the sale was even supposed to start! We then made our way over to Kohl's and then onto Target. We did get all of the items that we went for and had a lot of fun shopping. Even though Kyle is not working, I had saved some money special for Christmas.... and let me tell you, we got some great deals! and I only made one "want" purchase.

We put up our tree on Saturday night and I'll be honest with you, I'm not much into the Christmas spirit. I don't know if I'll do much more decorating then the tree and the lights on the house. Last week, I was so excited to put up the tree but now that it's up, it just doesn't seem like it should be up already. Did I maybe put it up too soon??? Who knows! Ava was very excited though. She wanted blue ornaments so blue ornaments it was. She loves the lights. She just looks at them and tells people how beautiful they are. After we put up the tree, me and Ava then went to the town lighting ceremony. They had a bunch of activities for the kids and Mr. & Mrs. Claus were there. However, you couldn't get to them. Ava played some games and we put her name into a toy drawing and guess what? Ava won a toy! There were like 400 kids there and maybe 50 names were drawn and she was one of them. She won a Dora toy and she LOVES Dora. It was fun!

I'm still battling a cold or something like a cold. It's horrible and Kyle has it as well. Ava hasn't gotten it yet and we're just crossing her fingers that she doesn't get it. I think I might suck it up and finally go to the doctor today.

I hope everyone is doing well. I will post again soon. Loves....

3 comments:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I couldn't make myself go shopping Friday...I would have probably loose my mind with all the people around. Nate did go to Sears to buy a new washer and dryer. Better him then me!!!

I hope you two get better soon and Ava stays clear of whatever it is you guys have.

Pam said...

Ugh, I know how you feel. I'm not in the mood this year either. It doesn't feel like Christmas at all.

I hope you guys get better. It's no fun being sick.

I don't want to put anything up other than the tree either. So glad i'm not the only one!!

Nick, Kaycee, Mea said...

You are quite the shopper! Good for you for braving it on Friday:) I can't believe December is already here...maybe if it snows it will finally feel like Christmas.