Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Well....

I don't think that I'm officially the worlds worst blogger but I sure haven't been a very good one for a couple of weeks. Not much is new with me same crap; different week. Kyle found out last week that the coal mine that was supposed to be hiring 20 people this month wasn't going to hire until April of next year SUCK! I sure hope that something comes up pretty soon, more for his sake then anyone else's. The lovely economy hit home again with my sister getting laid off from her job. She and I have a joke that we are all going to end up bankrupt and living in one house with me taking care of everyone since my job is very stable. Oh and I don't make that much money so that would totally SUCK! I seriously hope that people don't take us serious about that... I know we shouldn't joke around about things like that but we still need to smile once in a while and try to make light of a bad situation. This is actually something that reminds us that things can always be a lot worse. Her husbands shop also isn't doing very well. So we're really hoping that he is not the next to loose his job. Misty has a strong medical background so we think she'll find something very soon. I'm really trying to talk her into going back to school and finishing her RN. Hopefully she'll agree with me on that :)...

So I officially feel old! I went to the liquor store in Ephraim this week and it was the first time I've never been carded when someone is working that doesn't know me! I usually get the look from the sales clerk like are you sure you're that old... not to toot my own horn but I have good genes!! I really don't look as old as I am. You wouldn't know by looking at my mom that she's 50 and my dad's 58. They both look very good for their age too.

We had a lot of fun at our adult Halloween Party. I had a hard time coming up with a costume. I knew I should have kept all of those jelly shoes! I decided to make something. I think it was a cross between Cindy Lauper and Madonna. It actually looked really cute. We found Kyle a flowing mullet (LOL). I really think that he had one of those years ago when I didn't know him yet. This isn't a very good picture but it's the only one that we got.

Hope all is well with everyone I will post again very soon! Loves to all....

3 comments:

My Three Sons said...

Well I was shocked to see a post from you. I'm glad to see that you guys had a great time at the party.

I was shocked when I watched the news today and saw the the United States Post Office is laying off. My goodness, not even Govt. jobs are secure. Pretty scary world and economy right now. But I see you point, if we can't try to find humor in a bad situation, we are left with fear and tears.

Hope she finds something soon and I will pray that Kyle can catch something as well.

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Fun picture!!! I hope you guys had fun. You don't look that old, but I know how you feel when you don't get carded. I remember being 22 and getting carded to buy a lottery ticket. Those days are gone, especially with these baby hips :) . I know blame not being carded on me being next to Nate!!!

Amanda said...

Cute costumes! You did a great job. I know everything will work out, and you have such a great attitude! Can't wait to see you soon!