Thursday, November 13, 2008

Shots!!!

So Ava got her very first flu shot this morning. Mommy tried very hard to prepare her for it before we got to the health department. I'm a firm believer that you should tell your kids before they get one to prepare them. So I tell Ava that she is getting a shot so she doesn't get sick this winter. Ava looks at me and says.... you only get shots when you get sick mommy! I again tell her that his is a different kind of shot. Kyle was supposed to take Ava but I ended up taking her since my car broke down on my way to work... this is two days in a row now that I blew a radiator hose on my way to work. Ava tells me that if she has to get a shot, she's going to wear her pajamas and take her Dora doll. I told her that was fine so off we went. I fill out all of the paperwork and she's telling the lady that she's getting a shot today so she won't get sick. The lady in disbelief asks me why I would ever tell my child they were getting a shot? I then have to explain my logic to her. So the nurse takes us back and I give Ava a sucker. The nurse looks at me and asks me why I would give her a sucker before the shot as the sucker is usually used as a reward for being so brave. I tell her just to give her the shot and she'll see why. Ava sucks on her sucker the entire time and only took it out to say "it's not nice to poke people"! She did great! She didn't even let out a whimper. The nurse then tells me that was the greatest idea she's ever heard or seen... and asks if it's ok to use it on other kids throughout the day!! I kind of laughed when she asked me.

Things at my house are a little bit better this week. We've figured out some things with the insurance companies and needless to say, Kyle's old insurance company is finally paying out on a few claims. There are more bills in collections right now then are being paid but we'll just work through it. I'm pretty frustrated with one though... so it got paid but they won't write off what they call "additional charges". I can't seem to get a straight answer on what these charges are though. I'm currently working on those and hoping for the best. This pretty much sums up my week. My sister and I are going "window" Christmas shopping tomorrow and I am pretty excited for that... probably because we don't have to take our kids! Hope all is well with everyone.... Loves!

4 comments:

My Three Sons said...

What a brave little girl. Tell my future daughter in law that I'm very proud of her.

I'm glad to see the insurance is finally taking some of the slack that they should of paid in the first place. I just got a bill today from Carson's surgery and appearantly it's going to be coming in parts. This one was for anestesia and it alone is $840.00. Now keep in mind, this isn't the bill from the doctor. Holy crap. I can't wait to see what insurance is going to pay and what we are left with.

Since I can't leave the house until Saturday, could you do a little window shopping for me as well?:-)

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

You are so tough Miss Ava. Way to go.

I am glad things are getting better with the insurance stuff, I just hope that it will finally work itself ALL out SOON!!!

Amanda said...

You're such a good mom! :)

Nick, Kaycee, Mea said...

Great idea with the shots! You are a smart mom!