Monday, November 24, 2008

Uneventful Weekend....

So we had a very uneventful weekend at my house. Friday I had a bit of a cold so I took some medicine and went to bed WAY early. I told Kyle we were just like an old married couple falling asleep on separate couches LOL! It was pretty funny to see when I woke up a midnight and went to bed. Saturday was also very mellow, just did a little housework and not much else. Yesterday we got the Christmas lights up on the house.... and I am so excited to turn them on! However, Kyle told me I can't turn them on until next weekend SUCK! We did turn them on for Ava for a minute last night and she just looked at them and said "my Christmas lights on my house are so beautiful". It was so cute. We've been talking with her about Christmas and why we have Christmas. She is understanding the gift thing but nothing else but that will come when she gets a little bit older. Grandma Janet asked her yesterday what Santa Claus was going to bring her. She told her pink lips, purple lips, orange lips, more pink lips and a puppy! Ok the "lips" are lipstick but I had no idea that she was throwing in a puppy too. So grandma asks her what kind of puppy she wants since she already has two. She tells her one that can swim with her. Ok so I now realize that she wants the puppy from TV that swims and walks. Thank goodness... the last thing I need right now is another dog!

I am pretty much done Christmas shopping. I'm going on Friday with my sister and can't wait! and yes, I know I'm crazy for going on Black Friday but I LOVE IT! However, I will officially be done shopping on Friday as well. Hope all is well with everyone. Loves.....

3 comments:

My Three Sons said...

Hope your feeling better. Must be nice to get to go to bed early. I'm very jealous.

Anyways, hope you have fun shopping this Friday. WINK, WINK, you should receive a little something hopefully by Wed.

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Nate didn't want me to put up the tree until after Thanksgiving, oh well.

Kaden wants everything too. He points to the commercials and signs "me, Santa Claus, thank you." and I do mean everything, all the way down to barbies. This weekend a Crest toothpaste commercial came on and he signed "me." I asked him if he wanted toothpaste for Christmas. He thought about it for a second, shook his head no and signed "daddy." I have been telling him that he can not have everything because Santa has to give gifts to lots of kids. I am excited though that he understands who Santa is and maybe this year he will sit on his lap without me!!!

I hope you feel better soon, if you don't already.

Amie said...

Sorry you were sick. Tis the season I guess. Hope you get feeling better.