Monday, July 28, 2008

Hello Everyone

Hello, we're still alive! I appologize that I haven't posted anything lately but I've had NO time to do anything but final wedding preparations. We had a minor problem with bridesmaid dresses but got that quickly fixed (had to buy two new dresses; don't tell my mom) LOL. However, unless it's an absolute dire emergency, I will NEVER EVER spend another dime in David's Bridal again!!!! We bought my wedding dress there and the original two bridesmaid dresses there. Well, one bridesmaid lost some weight and the other gained a little and neither dress fits anymore. We looked at the dresses and you couldn't alter them. Anyways, I went up to the Orem store and asked if I could possibly return the others for store credit as the tags were still attached, of course not... they don't take returns. I asked the lady if she was kidding nope, they DO NOT take returns! We found a dress that fit my sister well, they didn't have one in my other bridesmaids size in that color. The lady at the store wouldn't even call any of the other stores to see if they had that dress in her size. She gave me a list of phone numbers that showed in the stupid computer they had the dress in that size; wasn't that just so nice of her! I should have told her to remove the board from her ass and she might get a higher commission if she learned some customer service but I decided just to smile and nod. I ended up getting one out of California and they charged me $25 for two day shipping! I suggested that they start using the USPS flat rate large box of $13.95 for future purposes and of course, that didn't go anywhere but between me and that sales lady but come on, even if foot locker doesn't have your size they'll find it and ship it to your home for free! I couldn't even pay for the new dress at the Orem store, they had to "call me back" to see if it was ok to do an over the phone payment.... JERKS! I could say something worse but I'll try to keep this a PG-13 rated post afterall, I did say ass earlier... LOL what a week!!! So, I looked for a corporate number for complaints in their website and guess what??? I couldn't find one, imagine that!

I got all of the invitations mailed but now we're remembering people that should have been mailed and invite and of course, we ran out of invitations. I will be so glad when this wedding is over! I told Kyle last night we were just going to take off and come back and tell everyone we were already married but I think my mom and especially my step-dad might take me for a drive and not bring me back if you get my point!!

Now for the wedding decorations. I was not born with the "crafty" gene, that's my mommy's department. Well, my sister and I have to "help" make 50 or 75 bows for decorations, she doesn't have the "crafty" gene either... I have a hard time making a bow on Ava's dress look good let alone one for wedding decorations! Does anyone have any suggestions or something you could suggest I buy to assist me with this project???

So, there's my drama for the last week. The only thing that went smoothly was it was easy to apply for a marriage certificate. Now, I am just looking forward to my parties next Saturday! after that, the next weekend is the wedding and the next is our annual "adult" trip to Lake Powell which is going to double as our honeymoon this year and I really can't wait to just leave for a weekend and get some much needed rest, sunshine and "adult" beverages!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh man!! Hang in there. Like all the hard things in life, it's totally worth it and your wedding will be awesome! I can't wait to see you this weekend! LOVES!

Brad and Sheila Porter said...

At least you can relax and open a few presents this weekend!

gunnarson said...

It will be here and over with in no time! good luck with the rest of the plans you have to do!

Brad and Sheila Porter said...

You have my favorite U2 song playing!!

My Three Sons said...

Hey there.....I haven't posted in a while either since my schedule has been pretty hectic. I hope that the wedding is going great and everything else in your crazy life. Just wanted to let you know that i've been thinking of you guy!!

Take Care,
Kaci