Monday, July 7, 2008

Everything comes together....

So I woke up this morning stressed and freaked about the wedding: no cake, men's clothes, flowers, blah blah blah.... I looked online all last Thursday to find clothing that would fit all of the men in the bridal party. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Kyle's brother needs big & tall, my step-dad needs tall and the rest are just regular sizes. I couldn't find ANYTHING that all of them could wear in the color that I wanted. I had also left numerous messages to see about wedding cakes and the calls that I got back they were either already booked or didn't want to make a "simple" cake. Needless to say when I left work last Thursday, I had a really bad attitude about things. Well, I had the same attitude this morning. I talked with my sister and we decided that we would go shopping again next week and just hope that we can find something since we're getting so close to the wedding date.

I went with my sister to lunch today still freaked out and worried. We went to a local grocery store to get a cake for my nephews birthday. We got there and couldn't find anything for Garrett but guess what???? they make wedding cakes! They actually had the exact cake that I wanted in their brochure for cakes so we ordered the cake why we were there! I then went back to work and thought maybe I will just look online one more time. I got back on and found EVERYTHING that I needed for my men and got free shipping too. We also be ordering the flowers tomorrow and they're about $150 less then expected WOO HOO! I feel a lot better now that these things are done. I talked with the photographer today and we are going to do bridal portraits next Tuesday and I'll have the disc back with all of the engagement photos this week. I am so happy tonight!

I hope everyone had a good 4th. We went to the local parade and then went camping with friends. It was a good weekend. I have some pictures to post and will post them when I get my computer back sometime this week. I was so bummed out though. I had bought Ava this really cute outfit for the 4th. Well when I put it on her that morning, it was about 2 sizes to big and she wasn't able to wear it. Oh well, she still looked cute. She LOVED the parade. The local parade still throws candy and she thought that was so fun. She looked at me like... mommy, you mean they throw candy at me and I get to pick it up put it in a bag and it's all mine!!!! It was so much fun! Hope all is well... Loves to everyone!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so glad everything is coming together. That's usually the way it works out, but it sure is scary until that happens. :) I'm so excited for your wedding. Can't wait to see you!

My Three Sons said...

Don't try to stress out. My mom alway said when one door closes, another one opens. That is exactly what your day sounds like. Can't wait to see the pictures. I just got back in town from St Louis and I'm slacking at getting my pictures downloaded as well.

Hope you have a great day

4 Week Slimdown said...

I am so glad everything worked out! Next time you need help you should post it on your blog because sometimes people know people who can help you. Like I work with a pasty chef that loves making wedding cakes and is really reasonable. But I am so glad you got it all together now! How exciting. I bet your bridals will be beautiful! Are you going to have ava in any of them.

Brad and Sheila Porter said...

I hope pictures go well. Almost there, right! No names picked out yet. We haven't even really talked about it yet. Guess we will have to do that soon.

gunnarson said...

That is so awesome that everything worked out so great just when you needed it to. I'm sure it'll all turn out beautifully!