Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Remembering September 11th

It has been 7 years since the attack on the Twin Towers September 11, 2001. I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I found out that a plane had hit the 1st tower. I had just sat down to turn my computer on at work when another co-worker came in and told us one of the buildings had been hit by an airplane. Those of us that were working were all in disbelief. We all thought to ourselves how could a plane hit the building? We thought maybe a small plane that had crashed. Then a short time later after turning on the radio and trying to access the internet we found out the 2nd tower had been hit as well. After a few hours at work, they let us go home. I remember that Jen was supposed to fly to New York the very next day. I was living with my dad at the time of the attack. His home is located about 15 or so miles South of the Salt Lake City airport so there were always planes flying right over the house. I remember going home that night and sitting on the front porch and there was a creepy silence, no airplanes in the sky they had all been grounded. It was at that point I really realized what had happened on that day!

Please remember the victims and their families on this day!
Never forget!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Beautiful tribute. Well put. I know I'll never forget.

Amie said...

I think everyone will always remember what they were doing when the towers were hit on 911. Its almost haunting. Thanks for your tribute... In response to your question on my blog, Sevier County and UHP dispatch are together now. They move to the communication center next to Snow College Richfield in Dec... I'm sorry its taken so long to ask, but you mentioned once that my upcoming donations to GVH and PCMC are dear to you because you have worked with both of them. May I ask what it is that you do? I feel bad its taken so long for me to get back to you. Especially because you are practically a neighbor compared to many people I've met through the blogging world. Anyway, stay in contact when you can. crazy_amie83@hotmail.com

---Amie

gunnarson said...

I agree with Mandy... well put! I will never forget the silence of that and the following days. I would pull up next to cars and we all just had news radio on listening for any details we could get. hardly anyone was on the roads or as you said... in the sky.

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I too, remember everything from that day. I actually stayed home from work that day because I was sick and was laying on the couch when every station started talking about what was going on. It saddens my heart still thinking about it. I called everyone and was just in tears and so worried for all of victims.

I remember all of the flags outside of houses and just how patriotic everyone was and actually was a little disappointed that I didn't see that many flags today.

My Three Sons said...

I thought that was a very nice tribute. Yes like everyone else that was old enough to remember, that is one memory where I knew the exact location and will never forget the horrific day.

I was living up by Kansas City International Airport and the silence was so haunting. You never really realized the sound of planes taking off and landing all the time is missing until there is silence.

I just pray that all of the men and woman serving now will be home safe with their loved ones.