Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dearest Blog....

how I have neglected thee... and so many other things these past few months including, myself! However, I hope that's all changing. I'm even posting some new pictures. We've done a few things this past weekend. We took a trip to Capitol Reef and went hiking for Kyle's birthday. We came home and had a couple of beautiful warms days so we took our first Jeep ride of the year with friends. Needless to say, it's dang cold today. That's how Utah is... warm one minute, cold the next! I've also starting walking every night with my friend Ann. I do a lot better at going when I have someone to go with me. It's hard to get to the gym because I have to be to work so early that I don't have time to go in the mornings. I try to go a lunch but that doesn't work and then if I go at night, I feel guilty for leaving Ava because I'm gone all day as it is. It feels like this is such a catch 22, no right answer. So needless to say, I've been trying to do some different things at home and then just walk at night. It must be starting to work because I've lost 10 pounds already YIPPY!!!!!

Things at work are much better. We won't be doing any furloughs our benefits are supposed to go up a little but that's the least of my worries. I've worked in the private sector before and I'll tell you what, I listen to some of the older people that I work with complain about the benefits going up a few dollars and all I think to myself is they have no idea how good they really have it. I'm just glad and so thankful that we have health insurance. Kyle also finally has a job offer. It doesn't start until sometime in April. We don't have all of the details yet so I'll let you know once I know more. I still have some leery feelings about him going to work with an old business associate. He's going to talk with the company this week and see if he could get on a different shift then him. If he can, I think it will be all good. If not, I'd almost rather have him unemployed... how sad is that! I wish I could go into details about the previous business associate but it just makes me a bitch when I think about what happened so I won't do that tonight.

Anyhow... here's some new pictures. The first couple of pictures are from my dad. I love the big trees in the Redwood's.









Jeep Ride

Urs & Franki

Shanan

So tired



Shanan & Franki
Capitol Reef












Blooming Trees

Petroglyphs



1 comment:

Nick, Kaycee, Mea said...

What a fun trip! It is so good to get away sometimes!!