Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!!!

So, I'm really not a fan of good ole Valentines Day. If' you're single, it's known as singles awareness day and even if you have a significant other, the day can still pretty much suck! Kyle and I decided that we weren't going to get each other anything this year. I'm more a fan of bring me flowers on some random day, not a day that he's expected to bring flowers. Anyhow, we decided no gifts this year. Well... that still means that you need to get something as I can't be known as the wife who didn't give her hubby anything for this gift expecting day. So I go shopping and find a cute little something and the cute little something is about $100 so I decide that maybe, just maybe I'll go with the agreement of no gift giving this year. Needless to say, I found the cute little something when I got home online for only $30 so I decide to order it. Well, it was supposed to be delivered yesterday and when I checked my email yesterday morning, it said it was out of stock and my card would be credited back for the amount of the purchase. I'm now back to no gift. I really just figured that it's ok at this point. We agreed on no gifts and when I tried to get something, it didn't come anyway. So I go to the local Walmart and just buy a cute card and me and Ava sign it. So I get up this morning and Kyle gives me a card. I'm thinking it's just a card since he really can't stand this special day. So I open the card and guess what's in it?!? a gift.... Well the nice hubby that he is went and bought me a gift card for a massage and some speciality foot bath. He said that I've been really stressed out with work and things at home and that I need to just do something for myself! WOW... what a sweet guy! So now, here I sit at the computer feeling totally guilty that all he got was a card! Oh well... I guess it's the thought that counts!!!!

So tonight we're going out with my friends Ann & Brett. I think we're going bowling and the somewhere to have a few cocktails. I hope you all have a great day!!! Loves....

1 comment:

My Three Sons said...

I have always thought of Valentine's day to be more for the pampering of the woman anyways. I think that Kyle is just fine with a card. It is a token and you can always get him the little cute present later for a just because I love you. Your right, I love to have a present, card, or flowers on any day of the week except for the holidays and my birthday. It just means so much more.

Hope you all had a good time with your friends and a massage is going to be great.