Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Update....

I had my surgery and all went well, feeling much better. I don't really want to talk about the details on the blog because it's a little personal. If you're curious to what it was, jot me and email and I'll tell ya. You all know good ole Utah weather. We get like a week full of a little sunshine and then on the weekends it just pours. Well with all of the standing water, the Mosquito's are HORRIBLE and they love me and little Ava. I try to get bug spray on her before we go out but sometimes she escapes before I get it on her. Needless to say, she has a few bites. It wouldn't be such a big deal if they didn't swell. I do love the rain and the smell but I'd really like to go swimming at the pool sometime this summer. Who knows by next week we'll probably be back up to 90.

Well... when it rains, it pours at my house LITERALLY! DIRECT TV decided it wanted to take a few extra months worth of payments out of my account in one month. This has not been so much fun... still working with them to figure things out! My dog is hurt and has to go to the vet tomorrow; cross your fingers that her leg isn't broken. Last but not least, my washing machine developed a small leak ok it wasn't so small but I still used it until the big gush of water came out. Anyhow, I had to have the washer repair man come over on Sat and he tells me that it needs a new tub, transmission and barrings. The cost of the parts plus his labor was close to $400.00 + $35.00 more for him to tell me what needed to be fixed so obviously we aren't going to pay that much to fix it. After all, I only paid $125.00 for it on KSL.com almost 2 years ago. I think I got my monies worth. I'm now in the pity party depression stage trying to figure out what to do as I really didn't want to buy another used one. So I talked with my mom ok, bawled while talking to my mom. So after I get off the phone with my mom, Kyle calls and said that he just talked with my step-dad (papa) and that I needed to go up to Beck's (this is our local appliance store) and he had already talked with them and they had a new set for me. I am now the proud owner of my VERY first brand new front load Washer and Dryer... yes, this is my very first NEW set. The other two I've had were both used sets. These are the coolest things since sliced bread. I can't believe how efficient they are and the minimal water that is used. I've never been so excited to do laundry in all my life. Thank you so much mom and papa for the help xoxoxoxo!!!!!

I know I've been promising pictures but haven't done it yet. I promise this week sometime or next weekend I will get them on. Hope all is well with everyone. Loves....

1 comment:

My Three Sons said...

I always wanted on of the front loaders. I'm jealous!

I'm sending lots of good thoughts your way to have a better week and a great sunny weekend.

I'll send you an e-mail to find out more on your surgery. I hope your feeling much better now. Tell Kyle I'm sending you a bell so you can ring it and he can wait on you hand and foot for a few days. LOL

Take care and get those pictures up. Otherwise we won't see pics of Ava until she is driving. Hee hee